LEARN MORE ABOUT COLLECTION AND RESEARCH
With a broad history, the MON collection has the following thematic pillars:
- Visual Arts;
- International arts and culture:
- Asian Collection;
- African Collection;
- Poty Lazzarotto Collection.
The MON collection was initially constituted by the following collections:
- Novo Museu;
- Museu de Arte do Paraná - MAP;
- Galeria do BANESTADO.
With the combination of these three collections, great artists from Paraná stood out, such as: Miguel Bakun, Helena Wong, Alfredo Andersen, Maria Amélia D'Assumpção, Arthur Nisio, Leonor Botteri, João Turin, Poty Lazzarotto, as well as pieces by renowned national and international artists. The collection encompasses artistic construction techniques, drawing, sculptures, photography, engraving (and engraving matrix), scale models, multimedia (video), objects, panels, projects, pieces of furniture, painting and tapestry.
Online collection search
MON's online collection is only available for research free of charge. The use of works or reproductions of any kind without prior authorization is prohibited, as established in Article 43 of Federal Law No. 11.904/2009.
Types of search
- ·Word - to search by word one need to know at least one relevant term regarding the piece, exhibition or work one wishes to research. You can enter the name of authors, artists, title of the exhibition or piece.
To begin your search you need to have at least one of these pieces of this information:
- ·Name or title of the piece;
- ·Name of the author of the piece;
- ·Subject of the piece.
With this information, you can carry out the search through Pergamum.
If your research still needs information filters, you can include them in the forms available directly on the page.
The Museu Oscar Niemeyer has a collection of approximately 14,000 pieces.
Have access to the content made available. Exhibited pieces, artwork explanations, and artists involved.
Policies, guidelines and procedures for donations, acquisitions and loans to the Museu Oscar Niemeyer collection.
All donation, acquisition and/or lending proposals must follow the guidelines of the “Marco Referencial do Museu Oscar Niemeyer”.
The Donation, Acquisition and/or Lending proposal must be submitted in a digital file to the collection sector.
The proposal must contain the following:
- ·Letter of intent with all of the owner’s information;
- ·Information of the work: title, date, technique and size;
- ·High resolution photos (in TIF or JPG format);
- ·Resume of the artist (pdf, word document or link);
- ·Value for sale (if it fits the proposal).
Donation, acquisition and/or lending proposals will be evaluated and approved by the Executive Board and Councils of the Museu Oscar Niemeyer.
- ·Acquisition proposals must undergo the Board's evaluation.
- ·The acquisition proposals approved by the Councils will also be evaluated in the meeting with the active patrons..
The period for evaluating proposals is subject to the calendar of meetings ****and activities of the Offices involved.
Only after approval of the proposal will the applicant receive a formal communication and then the delivery of the work will be scheduled.
- ·Rejected proposals will receive a formal communication of the refusal.
Only after the approval of the proposal, the Donation, Acquisition and/or Lending contract will be signed.
The lending proposal has a minimum duration of twenty (20) years established in the agreement.